Sunday, November 26, 2006

Feeling a little heavy...

Tomorrow morning I get on the scale for the official post-Thanksgiving weigh-in. I expect to have gained a couple of pounds over the course of the last several days. Since I teach school, I had off from Wednesday afternoon clear until Sunday, leaving me plenty of time to eat.

And eat...

And eat...

This year I did something a little differently, though, that hopefully helped me keep some of that extra weight off. On Thursday and Friday, I managed to eat only two meals. Big meals, I'll have you know, but still, reducing an entire meal's worth of calories will hopefully have helped me balance out my insane overeating.

Why do I overeat? I can feel when I'm full. Not only that, my rational mind knows that I'm full about ten minutes before I feel it. So, if I'm sane and attentive to my eating habits, I can slow my stuffing before I find myself totally over full.

But I'm so rarely sane when I'm surrounding by good food, good drink, and great company.

So tomorrow morning I get on that scale and see how far I let myself go. It's kinda a preview for this winter holiday season's eating. Perhaps I'll find that my two-a-day meal plan will work for me. Perhaps I'll find that I'll need to be more attentive to my body's innate communication system and stop eating when I'm full.

Or perhaps, like so many of us, I'll spend the first days of 2007 promising myself that I've got to change my eating habits- for real this time. King Bio has a couple remedies designed to help people lose weight. I've got them, but haven't included them in my daily regimen. Perhaps it's time.

I'll keep you posted!

Be well.

No comments: