Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Survey Says!

(If this post makes no sense to you, scroll down and read the last post.)

Good news, everyone! The neurotransmitters in my brain are beginning to moderate themselves. Those that were too high have reduced and those that were too low have, for the most part, elevated to more functional levels. Pam, my nurse from the Great Smokies Medical Center, the alternative health center in Asheville, NC, was able to pinpoint some of the deficiencies that are still showing up. In so doing, she changed my supplements slightly to meet those new needs. Hopefully I'll continue to experience even moods. In addition, she thinks the slight changes she made in my supplement regimen will bring me greater energy during that difficult 4:00-8:00 evening time frame.

I was so relieved to see that my brain was being cooperative. Some of the more stubborn neurotransmitter levels were moderating quickly, giving me hope that I won't be on these supplements forever. Even still, the cost is cheap at twice the price, seeing the improvement in my familial relationships it has brought.

So, my supplement regimen has been changed. I'll work with this for about three months. Then, after the winter holiday, I'll get retested to see if my levels have, um, levelled off any more. Maybe then I'll be able to start reducing some of these supplements.

Until then, I'll take all the help I can get!

Be well my friends. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

would you care to share with us what supplements you're taking to even out your neurotransmitter levels?
would also be curious to know which of the neurotransmitters were the ones that responded to the supplements fastest and whether you had any other significant changes in your lifestyle (diet, excerise, etc) at this time as well.
also wondering if you are taking homeopathic remedies for this?

on another note, some of your readers thinking of trying homeopathy might be interested to read an account of what a trip to a doctor who uses homeopathy is like. what might they expect, any tips on how to get the most out of an appt, and how do they find these doctors in the first place?