Sunday, August 20, 2006

With all this focus on health, who has time to get sick?

Wouldn't you know that after spending all this time focusing on health and homeopathy and working on getting the word out about King Bio's groundbreaking grant that provides homeopathic remedies free of charge to groups working in the health care industry, a big ol' head cold sneaks up and zaps me!

My wife had been suffering (just a little because she's way tougher than me) from a little sinus trouble this last week. For the most part we refrained from kissing and the usual sort of germ swapping thing that goes on around here. But I think she might've snuck in one little kiss when I wasn't watching.

I went to bed feeling fine after selling popcorn all night at Asheville's Downtown After Five concert. I should have known something was up when I dreamed my head was so filled with green goo that I quickly filled up a bathroom sink trying to clear it out *ugh*. And, when I woke up, my dream had come true. My head was clogged tight!

That day I doggedly took the cold/flu homeopathic remedy from King Bio, but really that remedy works best when you catch a cold at its initial onslaught. Usually I can sense a cold coming on when I get that little sore throat. Immediately I hit it hard with the homeopathic and dose up on the Vitamin C (I take nearly 6000mg a day when I'm in self-defense mode!), some zinc, and some goldenseal. But this time I had no warning.

Do you think my cold is learning my defenses and adapting more complicated guerilla style tactics? Oh well. It's starting to pass. Good thing. I've got a hundred seventh grade students joining me in my classroom this Thursday and lots to do to get ready. Wish me luck!

If you get a chance, check out the press I'm starting to get on the King Bio Community Outreach Program Grant. This is that grant I mentioned providing free remedies. You'd be amazed how difficult it's been giving stuff away! If you know of anyone who wants in on the program, just leave a comment and I'll get back to them ASAP!

http://www.pr.com/press-release/16045

No comments: