Sunday, September 24, 2006

Journeys Into Wellness

Hello everyone! Long time no post.

I've recently been working on a new project with Frank King from King Bio Natural Medicines that has been keeping me awfully busy (that and my job teaching seventh graders how to read and write along with being a husband and a father...). Frank and I have decided to co-author a fictional book where people from various stages and paths in their lives decide to try some alternatives to achieving a healthful state of mind and life. Frank has wanted to write a book like this for years. He's even got file cabinets full of notes he's jotted down over the years that he's always wanted to turn into a book. But, being the CEO of a very busy homeopathic manufacturing company leaves him little time to develop plot and work on character development.

Enter me with my background in writing. I'd worked with Frank in the past helping him write a tiny book called, "Making Homeopathy Easy." It was a thin manual that outlined the basic homeopathic philosophy and process. (Frank and I had met when I was his son's English teacher years ago.) Now that he and I have reconnected, I've been helping polish his articles, brochures, and various other written materials in a way that he appreciates. We've finally been working together enough that he feels comfortable spilling his inspiration onto the page and then letting me turn that inspired rambling into more coherent communications.

Just this weekend I was reading some of his background information for the book concept we'd discussed. In it, he mentioned the idea of health being the light in a life and disease being the darkness. Continuing the metaphor, he stated that the only way to dispell the dark is to turn up the light. I was struck by this image and immediately had a vision of the beginning of our book.

As many of you know who have started a book, we have no idea where it will go, and the final product will probably look vastly different from what we envision currently. But the important thing is that we are working together to build our inspiration.

And it's damn fun to be writing creatively again! I'll post my initial inspiration later this week.

Be well, and share the wellness!

No comments: